The past few weeks in Sydney have been beautiful Autumn days with beautiful blue skies and just the right brace in the wind. The colder weather usually results in warmer breakfast dishes like this semolina pudding also, called “Sheera” in my mother tongue. My family does not like any nuts or raisins added so, I added pieces of caramelised bananas!
For the pudding we need,
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Coconut Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Almond Milk – 1.5 cups
- Warm Water – 1/2 cup
For the caramelised banana pieces we need,
- Green Cardamom Seeds from 4 pods, powdered
- Bananas, chopped up roughly, 2
- Light Vegetable Oil – 1 teaspoon (I used coconut oil)
- Roast the semolina in an open pan on slow heat.
- Whisk in a large bowl the coconut sugar, warm water and almond milk together until well mixed.
- Slowly stir in the wet mixture to the semolina in the open pan.
- Cover pan and set on the lowest heat possible, taking little peeks to stir.
- In the meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a pan & add in the banana pieces. Stir until sweet smelling and caramelised (approximately 8 – 10 minutes).
- Add the caramelised banana pieces to the cooked semolina pudding and take off the heat.
Sprinkle with aromatic freshly powdered cardamom and savour the taste of Autumn!