Winter in Sydney starts officially only on the 1st of June, but I honestly believe yesterday was our coldest day ever! It was windy and drizzled all day long. I was craving some comfort food with all the stuffy noses and colds flying around the house so, we had hot, garlicky mushrooms with lots of black pepper and herbs. The taste according to my better half is very reminiscent of garlic prawns. Recipe follows,
- Vegetable Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves, minced finely – 5
- Mushrooms, finely sliced – 500 grams
- Black Pepper, ground – 2 teaspoons
- Mixed Dried Herbs – 1 tablespoon
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add the garlic, herbs and pepper into the oil.
- Add sliced mushrooms and stir well to coat mushroom pieces in the garlic & spices.
- Cook over high heat, until the mushrooms start to wilt.
- Take off the heat and season with salt.
We ate this with hot steamed rice and baked potato wedges!