A glut of avocados and a large carton of coconut cream made me do it!
Traditionally “Kulfi” is a sweet Indian ice cream eaten at all times including, dessert. This luscious vegan creation however, is made up of only 3 ingredients and was certainly tested on humans! I used green cardamom for flavour and nuts to garnish . With no ice cream maker required, the hardest part is waiting for 6 hours before the ice cream is firm enough to eat. My blender did a great job of making the fluffy ice cream mixture up. I’ve also been experimenting with Xylitol to prevent the formation of ice crystals and it worked perfectly.
To make this I used,
- Avocados, ripe – 3 large ones
- Xylitol – 1 cup
- Coconut cream – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Green Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pistachio/ nuts, finely chopped – 10 pieces
- Separate the avocado pulp and add Xylitol to the blender jar
- Gradually pour in coconut cream by the spoonful to get a thick mixture, the consistency of mousse.
- If adding flavouring, add the cardamom powder in now.
- Pour into a flat box and smoothen the surface before adding the garnish.
- Freeze in the coldest part of your freezer for 6 hours and scoop and eat!