These allergy free morsels of goodness were developed as a lunch box snack. My little ones school is designated nut free and most of the bliss balls/ bars out there had nuts in some form or, the other. What’s an innovative mother to do but, to develop her own 5 ingredient and 2 step recipe?!
- Pitted Dates – 1 cup
- Desiccated Coconut – 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons more to roll in
- Sunflower Seed Butter – 1/4 cup
- Cocoa Powder – 4 tablespoons
- Vanilla Bean Paste – 1 teaspoon
I used my trusty Kitchen Aid Food Processor to make this recipe.
- Pulse the dates, dessicated coconut, sun butter, cocoa powder and vanilla bean paste until a sticky dough forms.
- Use a spoon to scoop out bits of dough, roll it into a ball and then roll in Dessicated coconut!
Best stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (I promise they do not last half as long!!). Enjoy!
Please do share your favourite 5 ingredients or less recipes with me in the comments below 😊
Edit: I’ve been contacted since the original posting of this recipe by an individual suggesting that, I have not correctly credited this recipe to them. I would like reiterate that this recipe was developed in January 2015 after trawling the net for recipes as, I could not find very many nut free bliss ball recipes. At the time, when I had first tried making these I had submitted it to this website too – http://www.mouthsofmums.com.au/recipe/nut-free-bliss-balls/