Every now and then, I make little too much dough for my Rotis, that sits patiently in the fridge waiting to be used up. This is a great recipe to use up any veggies left in the fridge in a savoury potato base. My little ones will eat great amounts hot off the griddle, at all times of the day!
1 recipe of Roti/ Chapathi dough from here
- Boiled Potato, chopped roughly- 1 cup
- Onion, finely chopped – 1/2 medium size
- Celery, finely grated – 1/4 cup
- Carrots, grated – 1/4 cup
- Garlic Cloves, minced finely – 2
- Ginger, minced finely – 1″ piece
- Green Chillies, sliced finely – 2 small
- Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped finely – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil, for brushing – 1/2 cup ( may not need all)
- Salt, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl add the boiled potatoes, salt, coriander, chillies, onion, vegetables, ginger and garlic. Mix well.
- Make lime sized balls out the vegetable mixture and set aside.
- Heat a flat griddle on low flame.
- Roll out golf sized balls of dough as for rotis but slightly thinner.
- Place the vegetable ball in the centre of the rolled out dough. Overlap the edges of the rolled out dough like a moneybag to cover the filling completely.
- Dredge in some dry flour and roll very lightly into a thin, flat round.
- Place on low heat on the hot griddle and brush with oil on both sides.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Store in a tea towel lined box and enjoy warm!