Meal planning and preparation is a big part of my Sundays to reduce the chaos surrounding a busy weeknight dinner. I tend to bake on Sunday afternoon making sure, there are nibbles for morning and afternoon tea through the week. A few extra serves for dinner take care of lunch the next day, making my life simpler…. Zen!
This recipe is inspired from the fact, that I always have cooked, brown basmati rice in my rice cooker to go with stews, gravies and curries. There may have been too many cans of chickpeas in the pantry that needed to used up, not that I’m admitting to anything!!
- Brown Basmati Rice, cooked – 1.5 cups (Recipe Here)
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Onions, sliced – 1/2 medium
- Tomato Paste – 2 tablespoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies, minced finely – 2
- Biryani Masala – 1 tablespoon
- Chickpeas – 1 can, drain the chickpeas and reserve the liquid (Aqua Faba)
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a wok and add the onion slices.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, tomato paste and green chillies.
- Stir in the chickpeas and Biryani Masala. Add water and cook for 6 – 8 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well to coat with the spice mixture.
Serve hot! Tastes great with a dollop of coconut yogurt.
So please share in the comments below, best tips to empty out the pantry 😊