Silken tofu is one of the regular items on my weekly shopping list. It makes fabulous chocolate mousse, vegan cheese sauce, ice cream, fritters, is fabulous baked and, of course to make scrambled tofu! Silken tofu provides just the right texture to sop up with bread or, Rotis or, to eat plain topped with avocado pieces!
- Silken Tofu, crumbled – 3 Cups
- Red Onion, diced – 1 medium
- Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, Broccoli, Peas & Beans) – 1 cup
- Tomato Paste – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger, minced finely – 1″ piece
- Garlic Clove, minced – 2
- Green Chillies, minced – 2
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Kitchen King Spice Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt, to taste
- Lemon Juice from 1 Lemon to sprinkle on top
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed wok and add the onions.
- Add the turmeric, ginger , garlic and chillies when the onions look transparent.
- Mix the tomato paste and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Stir in the veggies and coat well in the above mixture.
- Add the crumbled tofu and salt and, cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes and reduce heat to low till the tofu looks dry. Take off the heat.
- Sprinkle the Kitchen King Spice Blend and lemon juice on the top.
Serve hot! We ate ours with warm Rotis 😊