My pantry is never ever without potatoes! When I see that I’m down to my last few potatoes, I usually will get another bag. This easy potato crisp recipe is the perfect way to use up those leftover potatoes (usually 1 or 2). All one needs a cutting board, a good knife and a bowl. I tend to not peel my potatoes as they contain a lot of goodness just under the skin. Wash the potatoes well and soak them in water for 10 minutes before rinsing and drying.
- Potatoes, sliced thinly - 1 to 2 medium
- Salt, to taste
- Red Chili Powder - 1/4 teaspoon, optional
- Mixed Herb Powder - 1/2 teaspoon, optional
- Non Stick Spray, a couple of sprays
- Slice the potatoes thinly, approximately 1/4" thick.
- Wash all the potato slices in ice cold water and drain well.
- Spread on all clean tea towel to mop up any extra water.
- Spread in a thin layer on the base of the airfryer basket.
- Spritz with some non stick spray and bake for 12 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Shake the Airfryer basket around the 7 minute mark.
- Bake for an extra 4 to 5 minutes for really crunchy and crisp chips!
- Sprinkle with salt and desired flavourings (if using) as soon as they come out of the Airfryer.
- The potato chips get crisper on standing for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use your choice of toppings from freshly ground black pepper or dried garlic flakes on top.
This delicious recipe is participating in the weekly Healthy Vegan Fridays linkup. Please check the link out for more awesome vegan goodies!