This dense and flavoursome pumpkin bread sprinkled with chocolate chips is an easy and quick loaf to bake on a busy afternoon. Coconut sugar lends a rich depth to the overall flavour and marries well with the inherent sweetness of pumpkin.
- Pumpkin, grated – 1 cup
- Wholemeal Self Raising Flour – 2 cups
- Coconut Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
- Almond/ Soy/ Rice Milk – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Cinnamon, powder – 2 teaspoons
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – 2 tablespoons
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the grated pumpkin, oil and the coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in self-raising flour.
- Slowly mix in almond milk by the spoonful to make a thickish batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on the surface.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 – 40 minutes.
Cool before slicing and wrap each slice tightly in cling wrap to freeze for later!