Cinnamon brings many health benefits and lends a beautiful flavour and colour to sweet and savoury dishes. Cinnamon is traditionally a warm spice and is actually the bark of the trees of the Cinnamomum species. When used in baking the warm aroma of Cinnamon beckons and lures everyone to come and taste these freshly baked cookies. The coconut sugar lends a rich depth to taste making them fudgy and moreish.
To make we need,
- Wholemeal Self Raising Flour – 1 cup
- Coconut Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Rice Bran Oil – 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon – 1 tablespoon
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Slowly add in the oil into the dry ingredients and knead the dough gently for about 5 minutes.
- Make golf ball sized balls with the dough and place on the prepared tray.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes at 180°C.
The cookies flatten on cooking and need to cool for a further 15 minutes out of the oven to harden.
Store in a air tight container and savour with a warm drink like Chai.