There are a few things more satisfying than biting into a piping hot toasted sandwich or, “Jaffles”, as they are called in Australia with molten cheese oozing out. Dunking them into some hot and spicy tomato ketchup simply takes the whole dish up a whole notch!
These are main kinds of cheese that I use,
My trusty George Foreman grill of course is responsible for the right degree of melted cheese to crusty toasted bread ratio. The “Tofutti” melts faster but, the Bio Cheese has a more authentic cheese flavour.
We need for 4 sandwiches,
- Wholemeal Bread Slices – 8
- Vegan Spread (I used Nuttelex) – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Vegan Cheese Slices – 4
- Black Pepper powder, optional
- Nonstick Spray
- Hot & Spicy Tomato Ketchup to dunk in
- Spread the vegan spread on 2 slices.
- Sprinkle black pepper and insert a single slice of vegan cheese inside the sandwich.
- Spray with non stick spray on the outside.
- Grill for 5 minutes and serve hot with hot & spicy tomato ketchup.
I would love to know your favourite toasted sandwich fillings in the comments below 😊
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Genie at Bunny eats Design.