Quick Leftover Fried Rice (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Every weekend is now designated to cleaning up the fridge and fruit bowl before the big shopping trip on Sunday. As always there are leftover veggies, cooked rice, forlorn looking jars with spice pastes. As I grow most of my herbs, they thankfully don’t end up in the neglected pile. This fried rice recipe uses up whatever is left in my fridge and still tastes good!
- Cooked Rice – 2 cups
- Mixed vegetables (fresh & frozen) – 1 cup
- Tofu, crumbled – 1/2 cup
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Chilli Garlic Paste – 1 to 2 teaspoon
- White Vinegar – 2 teaspoons
- Soy Sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Spring Onions, sliced – 1/2 cup
- Salt, to taste
- In a large wok, heat some oil and ginger garlic paste.
- Add the vegetables and tofu into the wok and cook for 5 minutes on a slow flame.
- Mix the cooked rice and coat with the vegetable – tofu mixture.
- Season with salt, soy sauce, chilli garlic paste and vinegar after taking off the heat.
Sprinkle the sliced spring onions on top. Serve with a hearty gravy dish, such as this one!
Please do share your favourite ways to use up leftovers as I’m always on the hunt for new recipes 😊 Thanks!