Pikelets are smaller and thicker versions of pancakes. Hence, easier for little hands to make and eat. Eating warm pikelets, fresh off the pan studded with their favourite toppings are an in-demand breakfast in our household. This vegan pikelet recipe takes away eggs and dairy, while adding in the goodness of oat milk and coconut oil. The 4 ingredient list and quick cooking time are perfect for after school or breakfast on busy school days.
- Wholemeal Self Raising Flour – 1 cup
- Raw Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Coconut Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Oat Milk – 1 cup
- Optional toppings – chocolate pieces, blueberries, cut up fruit, coconut flakes, cinnamon powder, jam, or pretty much whatever you want!
Directions for the Pikelets,
- Pre-heat your favourite flat pancake pan (I used my cast iron pan).
- In a large mixing bowl mix the flour and sugar.
- Gently whisk in the oil and add the oat milk. Mix gently until the batter looks silky and thick.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of batter on the hot pan at one go. My pan makes 3 at a time.
- Gently drop toppings of choice on the centre of the poured batter.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat until the edges curl up. Remove from the pan.
Eat warm as is, or douse with syrup, or sprinkle with more toppings. Happy cooking 😊