This Vegan Chocolate Biscuit Cake is one my favourite Mother’s Day present from the little ones. Biscuit cakes/ bars are easy for little hands to make, involving no hot ovens and lots of fun with breaking the biscuits up. As long as they clean up, they are actually allowed to make this recipe. The best part is the cake can be made up in different flavours by just varying the toppings. This recipe uses canned coconut cream, so use the can without shaking. Using just 5 ingredients, requiring just 15 minutes of preparation time and 1 hour of chilling in the fridge, this quick biscuit cake ticks a lot of boxes!
Vegan Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Easy recipe for little bakers.
- 25 – 28 Digestive/ other Vegan Biscuits
- 1 cup Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream ( (Only the solid cream))
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream (- Remaining liquid/ watery part)
Break the vegan chocolate up into pieces and add the solid coconut cream part and microwave in short bursts of 30 seconds until the chocolate melts (about 2 – 4 minutes, depending on the microwave power).
- Mix the cacao powder and the liquid (watery) coconut cream part until smooth.
- Place the digestive biscuits in a zip lock bag and break into crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Take a deep bowl, add the biscuit crumbs and make a well in the centre.
- Next pour the coconut – cacao mix into the well and mix well until a dough forms.
Line a springform cake tin with non stick paper (the children used an 8″ tin).
- Flatten the biscuit dough into the pan until smooth.
- Pour the warm chocolate mixture over it and cool for a bit. (This is where the children are supposed to clean up their mess and the kitchen!)
- Use a skewer or small whisk to gently make patterns on the surface of the cooling chocolate mixture.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 1 hour. (Overnight is best as the flavours mix really well.)
- After refrigeration for atleast 1 hour loosen the sides of the tin with a spatula and remove the cake.
- Serve chilled.