Chocolate chip cookies are a family favourite. These particular vegan chocolate chip cookies are made with just 6 ingredients, usually found in the pantry and fridge with the goodness of whole meal flour. My little helpers love to make these on cooler weekends and eat them warm out of the oven! I tried making some oat milk the last weekend and used the thick leftover delicious oat milk in these easy vegan chocolate chip cookies. The oat milk can be substituted with whatever non dairy milk you have at hand.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter (I used Bio Butter), softened
- 1.25 cups Raw Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oat Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2.5 cups Whole meal Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips ((I used Sweet William))
Line 2 large cookie sheets with baking paper and heat the oven to 175° C on a fan forced setting.
- In large bowl, mix softened vegan butter, raw sugar, oat milk and vanilla paste until smooth.
- Fold in the flour, and stir the chocolate chips gently until dough forms.
Use an ice cream scoop to drop a spoonful of dough on to the prepared cookie sheets. Leave atleast 2 inches between one spoonful and the next as, these do expand a fair bit.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are light brown and tops have set.
- Cool the cookies on the sheets for 5 – 7 minutes, before moving to a cooling rack.
Cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Happy baking 😊