Rice Cooker Fried Rice WFPB
This quick rice cooker fried rice, whole food plant based (WFPB) is made with whole grain brown Basmati, frozen stir fry vegetables, is whole food plant based, oil-free, gluten-free, filling, great to make when you don’t have access to a kitchen. All you need is a rice cooker, cutting board and knife, some planning and with just a 10 ingredient list, it takes lesser time than deciding, ordering and getting takeaway!
- 2 cups Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 1.5 tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 cup Frozen Stirfry Mixed Vegetables (mine had corn, mushroom, capsicum, broccoli, carrot & baby corn)
- 1 Brown Onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Ginger – Garlic paste
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (corn kernels and peas will do)
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon 5 Spice Powder (from the local Chinese store), optional
- 1/2 cup fresh green Shallots, sliced thinly
Soak the brown Basmati for at least 2 -3 hours and rinse well. If wanting to skip this step, use a quick cooking jasmine rice variety, but rinse well until the water runs clear.
- Turn Rice Cooker onto cook.
- Add the onion and ginger – garlic paste to the Rice Cooker.
- Mix in a splash of soy sauce if the onions appear to be sticking.
- Stir frequently until onion is soft.
- Add in the stir-fry vegetables and coat well in the above mixture.
- Next add in the soaked rice to the Rice Cooker and coat in above spice and vegetable mixture.
- Mix in the remaining soy sauce and coconut aminos.
- Add in enough water into the rice cooker pot, so everything looks well covered.
- Check for salt at this stage, I haven’t had to add any.
- Place the lid of the Rice Cooker and set to cook.
- When finished cooking, mix in the chopped shallots & 5 spice powder, if using.
Garnish with your favourite Chilli vinegar and SriRacha sauce before eating warm.
If you enjoyed this easy Rice Cooker WFPB Fried Rice recipe, then please see here for a tasty WFPB Mexican inspired fusion rice recipe.