Vegan Pistachio Kulfi Ice Cream
A glut of avocados and a large carton of coconut cream made me do it!
Traditionally “Kulfi” is a sweet Indian ice cream eaten at all times of the day throughout the year including, dessert. This luscious vegan Pistachio Kulfi Icecream creation however, is made up of only 3 ingredients and was certainly tested on and enjoyed humans! I have used powdered green cardamom for flavour and salted pistachio nuts to garnish. With no ice cream maker required, the hardest part is waiting for 6 hours before the ice cream is firm enough to eat. My blender did a great job of making the fluffy ice cream mixture up. I’ve also been experimenting with Xylitol to prevent the formation of ice crystals and it worked perfectly.
To make this Vegan Pistachio Kulfi Ice Cream we need,
- Avocados, ripe – 3 large ones
- Xylitol – 1 cup
- Coconut cream – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Green Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pistachio/ nuts, finely chopped – 10 pieces
- Separate the avocado pulp and add Xylitol to the blender jar
- Gradually pour in coconut cream by the spoonful to get a thick mixture, the consistency of mousse.
- If adding flavouring, add the cardamom powder in now.
- Pour into a flat box and smoothen the surface before adding the garnish.
- Freeze in the coldest part of your freezer for 6 hours and scoop and eat!