3 Ingredient Brown Basmati (Rice Cooker Recipe)
I have always been a big fan of meal planning and use weekly meal planners to help me shop. Everyone gets fed on time, lunch boxes and tummies stay full with minimal waste…. win, win! Every week I use my rice cooker atleast twice or, thrice to cook plain brown basmati rice perfectly, for lunches and dinners throughout the week to eat as a base with curries or, make fried rice at the end of the week.
- Brown Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Water, double the quantity of rice
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Rice Cooker
- Wash and rinse the rice in fresh water at least thrice and soak in an equal quantity of water for atleast an hour. (I have soaked it upto 8 hours with no side effects!)
- Rinse the rice a final time and place in the rice cooker pan.
- When switching the rice cooker on, add double the quantity of water.
- Add the oil and place on cook setting. The rice is done when the rice all swells up and looks fluffy. Check the rice grains to make sure. I tend to switch off as soon as the rice is cooked and separate the rice grains with a fork.
- Transfer and store in a heat proof and freezer proof glass container with a tight lid up to 2 days.
Enjoy hot with your favourite curry or stew!