Vegan Air Fryer Berry Cake
I have owned an air fryer for the past 4 or so, years now. Deep frying has been made completely obsolete in my kitchen. When I first started off I used to get large packs of frozen potato sticks available in my local supermarket. However since then I’ve also discovered that it is a great way of making a small cake or, a few cookies just right for snacking, on a busy afternoon. It takes away the trouble of preheating the oven and such and, saves the trouble of deep frying for savoury favourites. This berry cake was developed to use up leftover berries for a quick Friday afternoon snack with warm Golden Chai.
- Wholemeal Self Raising Unbleached Flour – 1.5 cups
- Xylitol – 2/3 cup
- Soy Milk – 3/4 cup
- White Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Peel – 1 teaspoon
- Mixed Berries – 2/3 to 3/4 cup (Mine was somewhere in between!)
- Spray a 6″ cake pan with non stick spray.
- Mix the oil and xylitol together.
- Whisk the Soy Milk & vinegar and set aside to curdle.
- Combine the above mixtures and add the oil, lemon peel and berries.
- Fold in the self raising flour gently and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and tap lightly to settle the batter.
- Bake in the air fryer for 18 – 20 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius.
Remove and cool the cake before inverting on to a serving plate. Yay for quick cake!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please click here for another Airfryer recipe.here for another Airfryer recipe.