There are times when one hardly has 15 minutes to get dinner ready and feed the hungry hordes. This quick recipe also called “Aloo Bhindi” in North India, uses potatoes boiled in the microwave and frozen okra pieces baked to perfection in the air fryer eliminating any slime, typical to okra. We ate our stir fry with warm rotis and some coconut Kefir.
- Frozen Okra Pieces – 1 packet of 350 grams
- Potatoes, diced – 2 medium
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Onion, chopped finely – 1/2 medium
- Garlic Clove, minced finely – 1
- Ginger Paste – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Paprika Powder – 1 teaspoon, or more to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Steam the diced potatoes for 4 minutes in the microwave.
- Air fry the frozen okra or, bake at 200 degrees Celsius in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
- In the mean while, heat oil in a deep pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and mix the turmeric powder. Roast well.
- Stir in the diced onions and cook until transparent.
- Add the paprika and mix well.
- Mix in the ginger and garlic and, sauté until golden and fragrant.
- Drain the potatoes and coat with the spice mix. Cook until the potato pieces turn golden brown.
- Stir in the baked okra and mix well.
- Salt to taste.
Serve hot with rice and dal, or with rotis and yogurt as we ate ours! Enjoy 😊