My earliest memories of Condensed Milk are of a sticky, toothache inducing sweet cloying liquid which seemed to not only taste good to a 4-year-old straight from the can but also, doubled up as glue for craft! Of course, when my craft work was subsequently discovered by hundreds of ants and my mother, roughly in that order I learnt an important lesson, i.e. not to play with my food!
This vegan condensed milk recipe not only can be assembled in 10 minutes when required, and is also raw, so no cooking over a hot stove to thicken this mixture! I’ve used coconut milk from a carton in this recipe along with pitted dates for the thick mouthfeel and consistency.
Here’s the recipe,
- Coconut Milk - 1.5 cups
- Fine Desiccated Coconut - 3/4 cup
- Organic Pitted Dates - 1/2 cup
- Add the desiccated coconut in coconut milk and blend well to mix.
- Mix in the pitted dates.
- Run on the highest setting until the dates and coconut are a homogenous mixture (approximately 4 to 5 minutes in a powerful blender, more if using a normal blender).
- Use as required or, dig in with a spoon!