My enduring love for fried rice means we tend to eat some at least weekly if not more often. However, with the weekend approaching fast all the leftover bits and bobs in the fridge need using up. I tend to cook a few cups of Quinoa and freeze to use as needed through the week. Of course, all the vegetables that hide in the freezer and the fridge need to also get a move on. This recipe is perfect in its versatility with an attitude of “anything goes”! So, round up all those lurking vegetables and make this quick dish.
Vegan Quinoa ‘Not’ Fried ‘Not’ Rice
(Vegan , protein rich with Quinoa and the added goodness of vegetables.)
- Cooked Quinoa – 2 cups
- Sesame Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Scallions, Stalks & Greens, sliced finely – 1 cup
- Silken Tofu – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic Cloves, minced – 4 teaspoons
- Ginger Root, minced – 2 teaspoons
- Mixed Vegetables, diced – 2 cups (I used a combination of carrots, broccoli, red bell pepper, silverbeet stalks & mushrooms)
- Frozen Green Peas – 1 cup
- Soy Sauce or Aminos – 2 tablespoons
- Hot Chilli Sauce – 1 teaspoon, optional to drizzle on top
- Heat oil in a skillet over low heat and add the scallion stalks. Reserve green bits for garnish.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until aromatic and golden.
- Throw the vegetables in and cook until lightly cooked on medium to high for 6 to 8 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Toss in silken tofu and break up. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Mix quinoa and Aminos if using, or Soy Sauce.
- Take off the heat, sprinkle with scallion greens and mix through.
- Add apple cider vinegar and hot chilli sauce, if desired
- Serve immediately, drizzled with Sriracha, if desired.
Quinoa is a great source of protein and makes the perfect meal when combined with vegetables.
2 replies to “Vegan Quinoa & Vegetable ‘Not’ Fried ‘Not’ Rice!”
Another one that fits the simple, quick and tasty bill!
Comments are closed.