Turmeric, is an ancient Indian spice used in different ways for its healing, digestive and anti-inflammatory properties. Used extensively in Indian food preparation for its lovely flavour and gorgeous yellow colour, it is a staple in most Indian households. I tend to use both, the fresh turmeric root and, the dried powder version on a daily basis in my cooking. Turmeric with all its wonderful properties is a great aid against those nasty, lingering, horrid winter coughs and colds that just won’t go away, even though it’s spring! This tea is made with Rooibos tea bags, which are caffeine free and great as a hot drink before bed.
- Rooibos Tea Bags – 2
- Almond Milk – 2 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (I used Stevia)
- Turmeric Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 teaspoon
- In a small saucepan, boil the water with the turmeric and Rooibos tea bags.
- Add the almond milk when the water boils and simmer for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir the cinnamon powder and sweetener in before pouring into mugs. Whisk well.
Sip while warm, settled down in a warm and comfortable spot!
Please share with me in the comments below about your experiences with Turmeric 😊