Naan, the word conjures up images of white, pillowy, soft, fragrant bread ready to be dunked into a delicious vegetable curry. Closely related to Pita breads, Naan bread is thought to be a quintessential part of the Moghlai cuisine, coming from ancient Persia. I wanted a simple recipe that was healthy and quick, resulting in the 3 ingredient vegan Naan bread, ready under an hour!
- Wholemeal Self Raising Four – 350 grams
- Water, lukewarm – 280 ml
- Instant yeast – 1 teaspoon
Topping options are endless from coriander, parsley, minced garlic, chilli flakes, sea salt, nigella seeds, sesame seeds, and more!
- Dissolve the instant yeast into the lukewarm water.
- Mix the flour into the yeast – water mixture to make a slightly sticky dough. Cover and rest the dough.
- In the meanwhile, heat up a thick bottomed flat griddle (I used my trusty cast iron one) on low heat.
- Make walnut sized portions of the dough and flatten to stick any toppings (I didn’t use any) and roll out flat.
- Cook both sides on the hot griddle on low heat until they balloon up.
Brush the surface with a flavoured oil (I used garlic flavoured olive oil) and store in a covered container.
Enjoy hot dunked into curries or, cool to use as base for quick pizzas the next day. 😊
If you enjoyed this 3 Ingredient Vegan Naan Bread recipe, then see here for more quick flatbread recipes!