Vegan Berry Good Muffins
One of the advantages of the cooler weather are all the different kinds of berries available at the markets – Strawberries, blueberries, boysenberries, blackberries and raspberries. These are fabulous to wash, dry and freeze in little zip lock pouches to use in smoothies, over breakfast oats or, in cakes and muffins!
- Wholemeal Self Raising Unbleached Flour – 2 cups
- Xylitol or, Coconut Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Soy Milk – 1 cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1/2 tablespoon
- Vegetable Oil – 1/4 cup
- Mixed Berries – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a muffin pan with paper wrappers and set aside.
- Combine the soy milk and apple cider vinegar and allow to curdle.
- Dry whisk the flour and xylitol until well mixed.
- Pour in the soy milk mixture along with the oil into the dry mix above.
- Mix using a wooden spoon with gentle strokes and add in the oil. Essential to not over mix and, some lumps are fine.
- Fold the mixed berries in carefully and evenly distrubute through the batter.
- Pour into prepared pan filling each wrapper up to the 2/3 red mark.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 – 20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Enjoy these vegan berry good muffins warm or cold, they taste equally good! If you enjoyed this Berry muffin recipe, please see here for more cake recipes with fruits 😊