Vegan Fruit Cake
At the end of the week we often end up a few sad looking fruits in the fruit basket that no one in the family will look at, much less eat! This week we had leftover bruised baby Pears and some red Kiwi fruit, which is beautiful not just to look at but also favour wise. My options were to chop these lovely fruits up and add to a fruit salad but we’re a little too squishy, so decided to bake. Let them eat Fruit Cake, vegan fruit cake that is!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 – 45 minutes
Makes a 6″ deep square cake
- Self Raising Flour – 300 grams
- Raw Sugar – 250 grams
- Almond Milk – 200 ml
- Water – 50 ml
- Vinegar – 10 ml
- Vanilla Essence – 5 drops
- Pears, chopped – 2 small
- Vegetable Oil – 50 ml
- Sieve the flour and sugar together to mix well.
- Whisk almond milk and vinegar together and set aside.
- Spray the cake pan with non stick spray and preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius (I used a 6″ square pan).
- Fold the almond milk – vinegar mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the oil and add water as required (I did not need all of it).
- Mix well until the batter is silky.
- Gradually add the pear pieces and pour into the cake pan.
- Bake for 40 – 45minutes at 180 degrees Celsius until skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Cool and decorate with more leftover fruit! Every slice was full of fruity goodness. Best enjoyed with a warm drink 😀
This is being sent off the the Bloggers Pit Stop, where the most awesome and cool (in my opinion) bloggers hang out. Please do come visit or, add your links in too 😊
if you like this cake recipe, please see here for a luscious vegetable chocolate cake