3 Ingredient Vegan Watermelon Pancakes (Gluten Free)
Father’s Day in Australia is celebrated on the first Sunday of spring. The little ones decided that they would have a party for their father and grandfather, starting with pancakes for breakfast. These pretty looking watermelon pancakes are made with just 3 ingredients, the red pulp, gluten free self raising flour and a dash of Xylitol. I used coconut oil to grease my cast iron pan.
- Watermelon Pulp (Red part) – 2 cups
- Gluten Free Self Raising Flour – 1.5 cups
- Xylitol – 1 tablespoon
- Coconut Oil, to grease the pan.
- Blend the red pulp into a smooth purée.
- Add the watermelon purée to a large mixing bowl and fold in the flour bit by bit.
- Whisk well until all the lumps dissolve. Set aside.
- Heat a flat pan and spread a teaspoonful of melted coconut oil all over.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into the centre of the heated pan. Spread into a 5″ round pancake.
- Cover and cook until the sides lift up and look golden.
- Flip over and cook other side for a minute or two on a slow flame. (We tested some as is, without flipping and they were stickier texture wise, cooking both sides yield a crisper pancake).
Most of these 3 ingredient vegan watermelon pancakes were eaten hot off the pan, some that made it to the father were served with raw Vegan Coconut Condensed Milk! Please check out the video I made for this recipe 😊