My cooking without onion and garlic chronicles continue with this “Hummus” recipe which, incidentally is made with Canellini Beans as I had run out of canned chickpeas. Using a knob of fresh ginger gives this dip, a great twist and the lemon juice helps freshen up the flavour. I also used flax seed powder dissolved in water to replace the oil.
- White Canellini Beans, drained and rinsed – 1 can
- Fresh Ginger Root, chopped – 1″ piece
- Flax Seed Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice – 5 tablespoons
- Warm Water – 1/2 to 1/3 cup, depending on desired consistency
- Sunflower Butter – 4 tablespoons
- Asafoetida – 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper, freshly ground – 2 teaspoons
- Salt, to taste
Dump all ingredients into your blender jar and process until the dip reaches desired consistency. We prefer ours on the smoother side but, lesser processing gives a slightly chunkier dip.
Tastes great with flatbread, carrot and cucumber sticks or, by itself 😄 Happy Cooking!