Corn flour, used to make custard powder, is combined with wholemeal self raising flour to make these scrumptious cookies. I’ve used 2/3 cup of powdered Xylitol in this recipe. If substituting raw powdered sugar then use 3/4 to 1 cup depending on desired sweetness. These cookies also known as biscuits in Australia and can be sandwiched with a jam filling for a fancier dessert. These taste best with a drink, warm or cold, depending on the weather outside!
- Wholemeal Self Raising Flour – 1 cup
- Xylitol, powdered – 2/3 cup
- Nuttelex Original – 1/2 cup
- Corn Flour – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Bean Paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper and heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Take a large mixing bowl and sift the flour with powdered xylitol and custard powder.
- Slowly fold in the Nuttelex and vanilla bean paste into the flour.
- Gently knead the flour to get a soft dough.
- Break the dough into lime sized confections and gently roll into balls. Flatten on to the prepared tray with the back of a fork.
- Bake at 175 degrees Celsius for 18 – 20 minutes, or until golden and aromatic.
- Leave the cookies to crisp and set on the tray for at least 15 minutes after removing from the hot oven.
- Cool well before storing in an air tight container.
Tastes best with a glass of cold Almond Milk or, a warm drink like Chai or, caffeine free Rooibos Tea. Happy baking 😊
4 replies to “Custard Biscuits (Vegan & Sugar Free)”
Thank you for your kind words Rashmi 😊
yum! these look sooo good!
Thank you 😊Hope you’ll try the recipe out.
Comments are closed.