Commercial Chocolate Hazelnut spread seems to be a favourite with my little ones but I’m lesser than impressed with the sugar, dairy and other ingredients. I have seen this quick version on Instagram some time ago where hazelnuts were blended into nut butter with chocolate. My variation uses vegan chocolate of 2 kinds – dark chocolate with sea salt and sugar free dark chocolate. This is a slightly healthier version of chocolate in all forms that seems to flood the market at this time of the year. The spread is great to roll into little balls, freeze and dip into more melted chocolate for a delicious treat.
We need –
- 2 cups Hazelnuts, Roasted (I roasted mine for 10 minutes on slow heat on the stove top)
- 1 cup Chocolate, broken into pieces.
1. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second bursts till melted and mix until smooth.
2. Remove any loose hazelnut skins.
3. Blend the hazelnuts until a fine meal forms.
4. Add the melted chocolate and process for another 4 – 5 minutes until creamy and smooth.
5. Store in an air tight jar.
Tastes great with plain bread, in cookies and cakes as a filling, as a dip or just by itself 😊