Vegan Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles AKA Vegan Ferrero Rocher
My little one this year for her birthday wanted a Ferrero Rocher cake with truffles decorating the top. The iconic chocolate truffle balls are hard to replicate, but this version tastes similar to how I remember them minus the dairy and with addition of good fats and puffed rice to make this treat gluten-free and vegan! So, here’s my version on vegan hazelnut chocolate truffles also known as vegan Ferrero Rocher.
I used the hazelnut butter/ Vegan “Nutella” from this recipe hazelnut butter/ Vegan “Hazelnut-ella” from this recipe.
- 150 grams Vegan Chocolate buttons
- 1/3 cup Hazelnut Butter
- 15 Hazelnuts, whole roasted
- 1 cup Puffed Rice, crushed finely
- 2 tablespoons Hazelnuts, finely chopped for garnishing
- Melt vegan chocolate buttons in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds, whisk every 30 seconds to mix well until silky.
- Roll the hazelnut butter into small bite sized balls.
- Flatten a bit and insert a roasted hazelnut at the centre and cover with hazelnut butter.
- Roll the ball in and roll over crushed puffed rice to cover the ball.
- Dip into melted chocolate and use a fork to coat fully.
- Drop into finely chopped Hazelnuts.
- Place in a cool area for 15 - 30 minutes to harden.
Once hardened these will keep up to 5 days in a box stored in a cool and dry place. (Ours finished by this time!)
8 replies to “Vegan Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles”
Very tempting 👍
Thank you 😊
I’m going to try these
😊 would love to know how you go
That little guy who is lucky to have a Chef by his side. The combination looks delicious. And a child will be very happy with that dessert of the highest quality.
Thank you for your kind words 😊
Those sound far too good to last 5 days!
He he thanks 😊
Comments are closed.