Vegan Chocolate Berry Bundt Cake
This Vegan Chocolate Berry Bundt Cake is sugar and oil-free, made with wholemeal flour and frozen berries available easily throughout the year, great as a celebratory or everyday treat! There is something about bundt cakes that makes them instantly more stylish. Topped with a luscious coconut milk – cacao icing mixture further sprinkled with freeze dried berries for added deliciousness! Freeze dried fruit happens to be a favourite at our place currently, convenient as a snack, quick and healthy to carry around. Needing just 15 minutes for the initial preparation and baking time of about 45 minutes, this delicious vegan Berry Bundt cake is ready in an hour’s time.
- 1 cup of Wholemeal Flour
- 1.5 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons ground Flax Meal + 4 Tablespoons Water, to make Flax “eggs”
- 2/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 1.5 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Soy Yogurt (use Coconut Yogurt instead)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen Berries
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Xylitol Icing “sugar”
- 3 tablespoons, Cacao Powder
- freeze dried Berry crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Prepare a 20 cm Bundt cake pan by lining the sides & bottom with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix the flax meal into the water to make flax “eggs”.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cacao powder and cinnamon. Whisk well to mix.
- Combine the vinegar, almond milk, yogurt and vanilla extract together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mix. Fold gently to combine.
- The batter is a meant to be rather thick. Fold in the frozen berries into the batter.
- Drop batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cake and peel off the baking paper.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
To serve the vegan Chocolate Berry Bundt cake ,
Mix all the topping ingredients except freeze dried berry crumbs until smooth.
Drizzle all over the cake & dust the freeze dried berries over the cake.
Keeps well for 3 – 4 days in a tight container in the fridge.
If you liked this vegan Chocolate Berry Bundt cake, then please see here for a tasty vegan Coconut Lime Cake recipe.