Easiest Ever Coconut Lime Cake
This Coconut Lime Cake is the easiest to make, robust enough to use as a birthday or celebration cake and can be easily made into cupcakes. Made with everyday pantry ingredients, this cake is
- Low fat
- Full of coconut goodness
- Can be made gluten-free by substituting with a gluten free flour blend!
To make our cake, we need
1 Cup Unbleached Self Raising Flour
1 Cup Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
1.5 Cup Coconut Milk
¾ Cup Stevia (for baking)
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
2 Tablespoons Lime zest, grated
- Whisk together the melted coconut oil, coconut milk and desiccated coconut until well mixed.
2. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
3. Line a 10 inch deep cake pan with baking paper or, spray with non stick spray and set aside.
4. Add the grated lime zest and stevia into the coconut mixture and whisk well.
5. Gently fold in the self raising flour and mix until a smooth batter forms.
6. Pour batter into the greased cake pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes in a hot oven, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Cool well before spreading on the icing. My cake was cooled overnight.
For the Coconut Lime Icing/ Frosting
4 Cups Icing Sugar
1 Cup Vegan Butter
2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Lime Zest, finely grated
1 Teaspoon Coconut Essence (I used Queen’s natural coconut essence from here)
- Beat sugar, vegan butter, coconut essence and lime juice for about 5 to 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Mix through the lime zest and spread over the cooled cake.
I sliced the cake into 3 layers and used about 2 tablespoons between each layer and the rest of the fluffy frosting on the top and sides of the cake.
Happy baking 😊
If you enjoyed this easiest ever coconut lime cake recipe, please see here for a chocolate coconut cake with jam filling.