Father’s Day in Australia is celebrated on the first Sunday of spring. The little ones decided that they would have a party for their father and grandfather, starting with pancakes for breakfast. These pretty looking watermelon pancakes are made with just 3 ingredients, the red pulp, gluten free self raising flour and a dash of Xylitol. I used coconut oil to grease my cast iron pan.
- Watermelon Pulp (Red part) – 2 cups
- Gluten Free Self Raising Flour – 1.5 cups
- Xylitol – 1 tablespoon
- Coconut Oil, to grease the pan.
- Blend the red pulp into a smooth purée.
- Add the watermelon purée to a large mixing bowl and fold in the flour bit by bit.
- Whisk well until all the lumps dissolve. Set aside.
- Heat a flat pan and spread a teaspoonful of melted coconut oil all over.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into the centre of the heated pan. Spread into a 5″ round pancake.
- Cover and cook until the sides lift up and look golden.
- Flip over and cook other side for a minute or two on a slow flame. (We tested some as is, without flipping and they were stickier texture wise, cooking both sides yield a crisper pancake).
Most of the pancakes were eaten hot off the pan, some that made it to the father were served with raw Vegan Coconut Condensed Milk! Please check out the video I made for this recipe 😊