This is a great allergy and cruelty free chocolate cake recipe for birthdays and parties. Quick and easy to make with everyday pantry ingredients, it stays well up to 5 days and, can be frozen up to a month in advance.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 – 50 minutes
Makes: 15 servings
- Self Raising Flour – 330 grams
- Sugar – 390 grams
- Cocoa Powder – 65 grams
- Water – 385 ml
- White Vinegar – 15 ml
- Coffee – 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable Oil – 150 grams
- Stir the flour, cocoa and sugar until well mixed.
- Dissolve the coffee in water and add in the white vinegar. Whisk oil in.
- Spray a large 10″ cake pan with non stick spray and preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Combine the dry flour – cocoa – sugar mix with the wet ingredients.
- Whisk well until the batter is silky.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius until skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Cool and ice as required.