Vegan Nasi Goreng
Vegan; Gluten-free if using gluten-free soy sauce; Omit peanuts for a nut free version, substitute with roasted sunflower seeds.
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 4 – 6 cloves Garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Root, grated
- 1/4 cup Carrots, cut into match sticks
- 1/4 cup French Beans, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Bean Sprouts, rinsed
- 1/4 cup Chinese Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 Shallots, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup Firm Tofu, crumbled
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Kecap Manis or, Soy Sauce + 2 teaspoons of Raw Sugar, mixed
- 1/2 tablespoon Tamarind Paste Concentrate
- 1/2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Long Grain Brown Rice, cooked
- Salt, to taste
- Roasted Peanuts, to serve
- Fried Shallots, to serve
Heat oil in a wok or deep saucepan on medium to high heat.
- Add the shallots, ginger and garlic to the hot oil and sauté until the translucent.
Stir in the veggies and tofu. Sauté on full heat for a few minutes until slightly wilted. Very important to remember not to overcook the vegetables and leave them slightly crunchy!
Add Kecap Manis, tamarind paste, ACV and the Chilli flakes. Cook until the flavours mix for about a minute or two on medium heat.
Add the rice and mix well. Stir fry on highest heat for a couple of minutes. Don’t leave this unattended at this stage!
Take off the heat, and garnish with fried shallots, peanuts, and some more chilli flakes as per your taste!
Happy eating 😊
If you have tried & enjoyed this recipe please see more fried rice recipes here and here 😊 Please remember to tag #masalavegan. Thank You!
This post is off to mingle at the Bloggers Pit Stop!